Monday, June 30, 2008

Back from Aquathlon Worlds

I Just got back from aquathlon worlds in Monterrey Mexico. I had a great time and was pretty happy with my results.

I raced as age grouper and took 7th over all 2nd in age group.

I am happy with that as the past year I have gone through quite a bit of adversity. From July to December last year I was unable to run due to a lower abdominal injury. Then in March I got cut off the road by a car and broke my collar bone and separated my shoulder. At one point it looked like I was going to need surgery but.... I gathered a bunch of information and decided to skip it.

I learned I heal really quick and after 4 weeks I was fully healed. Did my own physical therapy on it and I am happy to say I have had no adverse effects what so ever. My range of motion is still the same and the whole area is just as strong and handling 25 to 30K a week of swimming just grand. SWEEEEEEET!

Things I learned from the whole experience.

1) The race was hot it was fore casted to be about 107 not sure what the temperature was on the day but it was hot enough to make many blow up. I live in Florida and believe training in the heat helped for sure.

2) When injured stay moving as mush as possible. That is what i did. It helps in keeping your fitness as mush as possible and keeps you from getting all stiff. After breaking my collar bone I started riding 2 days latter on my trainer for 2 hours a day. With the Dr's permission I was running in 2 weeks. I also ate tons of fruit and veggies. Your body heals way better when it is a balanced PH state. Fruits and vegetables help with this in a big way.

3) Mentally I also did allot. I always had belief every thing would be OK and I would be at aquathlon worlds. I also visualized my body healing my collar bone. It seemed to work as 4 weeks is fast. Most people will take 6-8 weeks.

For those of you into Olympic and sprint tris I highly suggest that you do aquathlons. Shorter distance triathlons are strongly built upon a strong run and swim. It helped me get faster overall for sure.

OK I got to go for a ride ; )

Much Peace & Love to you all.

No comments: